Monday, September 5, 2011

Yikes...it's Sept 5th already!

Hey gang, Betsy had asked me a little while ago to see how everyone's doing since there hasn't been much activity on the blog as of late. So when I looked at the first entry of the blog on July 17, I saw that the contest ends today! Oh boy.

Well, all I can really report on is myself. I believe I had three goals in mind:  1) to maintain my weight, 2) to gain more upper body strength, and 3) to eat healthier. 

Towards the first goal, I have maintained my weight. I do weigh myself daily in the mornings (when I weigh less ;-) so I find myself teetering by a pound or two, more or less, depending on what I eat and how much I exercise the day before. 

In my second goal, I may have minimally increased my upper body strength, but I believe that was due to the exercises my chiropractor gave me to stretch out my muscles in my legs. One involves leaning on a low table or chair in a push-up stance and pushing my heel to the ground, giving my calves a nice stretch for 30 seconds or more for each leg. I'm supposed to do that daily, but am not faithful about it. Still, that exercise may be strengthening my arms and upper body in the meantime. Oh, and the Scarb patio workout of moving that furniture and planters helped too ;-)  I made sure not to overdo it, but everything was in my safe range of weight-lifting and I used proper lifting techniques as well. 

Lastly, I've been eating more salads at lunchtime and trying to make better choices of food. No, I haven't given up red meat, cheese or desserts, but my portion sizes are reasonable and if I indulge one day, I'll let up the next day or so. I know when I'm feeling heavy and the daily weighing helps me keep that in check.

Anyway, I'd say I reached two out of three of my goals. I'll definitely know about the upper body strength goal when I go rock-climbing! Hey, I still have time to work on that ;-)

So, how did the rest of you do?? Please report back and tell the truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment